Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Simple View of my skin care routine

At the beginning of the year, instead of the good old New Year's Resolution I decided to instead try to apply A Word to my life......


It's not that I think my life is complicated, by any means.... but there is always room for improvement and elimination, even if it is something small. Stream lining my skin care routine is one way to make life a little more simple AND affordable.

As of right now, I use 3 very well working, economical products, that are super easy to use.

All descriptions have links listed to take you right to the particular product.

1. Norwex Body Cloth (click link)
This is a dual task performer! As you cleanse you are exfoliating as well. I really love this cloth.
Norwex also claims their microfiber has antibacterial qualities because a silver agent is woven throughout the fabric. TRIPLE PLUS!
If you do not have a friend or family member that is a Sales Rep for Norwex you are more than welcome to contact mine: Amanda @ hobbick84@gmail.com.

2. Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (click link)
This is a very mild soap made with coconut, olive, hemp, and jojoba oils. All of the oils used in these products are certified organic. Dr. Bronner's has a large line of products and many different "flavors" of Castile soap. 
I happen to like this one because it is fragrance free which works well for people with allergies and sensitive skin.
Pair this with the Norwex cloth & a little water and it takes water proof mascara off beautifully!
I have also seen this product at Target in the natural skin care isle.

3. Coconut Oil (click link) 
(I transferred from my store bought jar to the little purple lidded Tupperware container pictured above, because I also use a lot of coconut oil in the kitchen and I didn't want any cross contaminating going on, that would just be GROSS!)

OH Folks, I could go on and on about coconut oil and it's amazing benefits for days BUT for this particular post I will just talk about how I use it as a moisturizer for my face.
My first thought when someone suggested I try Coconut Oil on my face was like "There is NO WAY I am going to put oil on my face...I have break outs lady, my skin is oily enough! Eeeekkk!"
So I did what I always do, and I googled it. 
I was in full on research mode. 
After the 125th review I read about how this is a "must-have product" for your skin care routine, I headed out to my local grocery store and purchased this "fountain of youth in a jar".
I am happy to report that I now have fewer break outs than I did pre-coconut oil. I give all the credit to the anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that it possesses. 
One of the best things, It is ONE ingredient! Unlike the other moisturizers I have been using all these years that contained 20 or more ingredients that I could not pronounce. 
*A word of caution, make sure you are buying PURE & Unrefined coconut oil. This will ensure you are not going to have problems with your pores clogging and causing break outs.
Great for ALL skin types!

See, so simple! 2 basic steps: Cleanse/Exfoliate with Norwex cloth and Dr Bronner's Castile soap, and moisturize with coconut oil. 
Not only are these products VERY affordable, but they are all free of harsh chemicals and very earth friendly.

Keep in mind, the last thing in life that needs to be complicated is your skin care routine. 

Take a a really good look in the mirror today, appreciate what God gave you, and.....

Enjoy the View!


No comments:

Post a Comment