Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Book View- "7: An Experimental Mutinty Against Excess"

Happy Friday!

 


Mr Sunny McSunster has not been making very many appearances as of late here in Minnesota, but he has decided to visit this morning.
How dang splendid of him!
I may have to go have a quick chit-chat with him to let him know he is welcome anytime.
Apparently this slipped his mind, as we have had very few days of sunshine for the past 2 months.
I have started to wonder if a Vampire-apocalypse is upon us?

Anywho....

If you have "liked" my page over on Facebook : House of Views,  you would have seen that yesterday I revealed a crazy little secret.....wait for it.....parts of me wants to live in a smaller space. Much.Smaller.
Not a juicy secret but not something I guess I have ever revealed before, hahaha!
I posted a link to a blog I recently discovered about a family of 5 living in 665 square feet, a very charming, 665 square feet, might I add.
Click here to check out her blog. You will not be disappointed.

This blog got me thinking about how much we live with, that we could actually live without.
Then to my surprise & almost as if someone plopped it right in my lap, I received an email about a book:


If I had to sit down and judge myself, I wouldn't say that I have an excessive amount of material things. 
I do like things. Especially pretty things for my house but I would never consider myself a person of material excess. 
Clothes & Shoes? Eh, I could take 'em or leave 'em but they tell me I have to wear 'em so I do.
However, I keep both of those categories very simple and limited, because I do not enjoy shopping for either one.

If I really take the time to look at everything around me though, I know that compared to the world as a whole, I am a person of material excess.

I am not sure why I am being led in this direction?  Maybe it is the 3 toilets I clean on a regular basis or the 2000 square feet of carpet I vacuum 2 x's per week.... but I am running with it. 

Please don't take this the wrong way by thinking we are packing up shop and moving to a 1 room shack.
I am certain the B'Dog is not giving up his 3 car garage anytime soon, but just daydreaming about less stuff is enough......for now. 

I anxiously await the arrival of my book and plan on sharing my thoughts about it with you along the way.

Enough rambling... I am going to go take advantage of something that has not been excessive lately....Mr. McSunster.

Have a great weekend and always.......

Enjoy your View~
Jenifer



No comments:

Post a Comment